Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 20 mins
Great for anyone who feels the 10 inch pound cake is too much for them!! Some years ago a friend gave me a 9 inch tube cake pan as a gift along with this recipe. This recipe would also be perfect for the smaller bundt cake pan.
- Important: Let all ingredients become room temperature.
- Cream butter and sugar. Beat until fluffy. Add one egg at a time and beat after each addition.
- Measure flour after sifting and add baking powder. Mix dry ingredients alternately with milk and add vanilla. (Lightly fold in dry ingredients--do not beat.).
- Grease and flour a small tube or bundt cake pan. Pour batter into pan. Bake in a 325 degree oven for 1 hour and 10 minutes. Let cake cool in pan for 15 minutes before inverting.
- Best served next day after cake has had time to mellow.