Small Flourless Rum Chocolate Cake
photo by Laka
- Ready In:
- 6 ounces dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup butter, cubed
- 1⁄2 cup demerara sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa powder
- 1⁄3 cup rum (dark or light)
- chocolate- rum glaze
- 4 ounces dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon rum
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Melt together chocolate and butter over low heat, stirring until smooth. Remove from heat and transfer to a mixing bowl.
- Add sugar, mix for 1 -2 minutes until melted.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time, mixing until smooth between each addition.
- Stir in the vanilla extract, cocoa powder, and rum until well mixed.
- Pour batter into the greased 8-inch baking pan and bake for 25-30 minutes at 190°C, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out relatively clean with a few crumbs. Do not over-bake or the cake will become dry. Allow cake to cool in pan for 5 minutes before inverting onto a serving plate.
- Meanwhile, prepare the glaze: in a small saucepan, melt together chocolate and butter, mixing until smooth.
- Stir in the rum and vanilla extract.
- Spread evenly over cooled cake.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Food lover, wine and espresso drinker, chocolate addict. I love my family, my dog (when I have it) and my food processor. I cook every single day since I married and probably will until the day I die. I love to share my recipes that are straightforward to prepare, yet are exceptionally tasty and look so good. I hope you feel inspired by my recipes and that they find life in your kitchen!