Prep 20 mins
Cook 4 hrs
From Taste of Home. Fresh and Juicy!
Make and share this Slow-Roasted Lemon Dill Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 2 medium onions, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1⁄4 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 (4 -5 lb) broiler-fryer chickens
- 1⁄4 cup chicken stock
- 4 sprigs fresh parsley
- 4 fresh dill sprigs
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Place onions in bottom of a 6-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, mix butter and lemon peel.
- Tuck wings under chicken; tie drumsticks together. With fingers, carefully loosen skin from chicken breast; rub butter mixture under the skin.
- Secure skin to underside of breast with toothpicks. Place chicken over onions, breast side up. Add stock, parsley and dill.
- Drizzle lemon juice over chicken; sprinkle with seasonings. Cook, covered, on low 4-5 hours (a thermometer inserted in thigh should read at least 180 deg.).
- Remove chicken from slow cooker; tent with foil. Let stand 15 minutes before carving.