Slow-Roasted Lemon Dill Chicken
- Place onions in bottom of a 6-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, mix butter and lemon peel.
- Tuck wings under chicken; tie drumsticks together. With fingers, carefully loosen skin from chicken breast; rub butter mixture under the skin.
- Secure skin to underside of breast with toothpicks. Place chicken over onions, breast side up. Add stock, parsley and dill.
- Drizzle lemon juice over chicken; sprinkle with seasonings. Cook, covered, on low 4-5 hours (a thermometer inserted in thigh should read at least 180 deg.).
- Remove chicken from slow cooker; tent with foil. Let stand 15 minutes before carving.