Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs 30 mins
Recipe is from Food & Wine.
- one 14-ounce can unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon green curry paste
- 1 teaspoon green curry paste
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons asian fish sauce
- 3 lbs skinless chicken thighs
- 1 medium red onion, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 2 medium yukon gold potatoes, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1⁄2 cup grape tomatoes
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- cilantro leaf, lime wedges and steamed rice, for serving
- In a slow cooker, mix the coconut milk with the ginger, 1 tablespoon of the green curry paste and 1 1/2 teaspoons of the fish sauce. Add the chicken thighs and onion, cover and cook on low heat for 2 1/2 hours, until the chicken is tender. Add the potatoes and tomatoes, cover and cook on low for 1 hour longer, until the potatoes are tender.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer the chicken and vegetables to shallow bowls. Skim the fat from the surface of the sauce. Transfer the sauce to a blender. Add the lime juice and the remaining 1 teaspoon each of green curry paste and fish sauce and puree until smooth. Season the sauce with salt and pepper and pour it over the chicken. Sprinkle with cilantro leaves and serve with lime wedges and rice.