Prep 15 mins
Cook 7 hrs
From the Everything Healthy Slow Cooker Cookbook
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 onion, minced
- 15 ounces diced tomatoes (canned, fire-roasted)
- 1 anaheim chili, minced
- 2 chipotle chiles in adobo, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- Saute the beef and onion in a nonstick skillet until just browned. Drain off any grease. Add to a 4-quart slow cooker. Break up any large pieces of beef with a spoon.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir. Cook on low for 7 hours. Stir prior to serving.