Recipe by grandma2969
Swiss steak is almost a classic..you can't go wrong with ...substitute mashed potatoes for cooked egg noodles..if you'd like
Top Review by Acerast
This was delicious and smelled so wonderful when we walked in the door after work/school. We all enjoyed it over egg noodles with a green salad, applesauce, and with the peas cooked/served separately. It makes a great deal of broth so I would use only half of the tomato juice next time and perhaps thicken it before serving. I would also add little Worcestershire sauce for additional flavor. I cooked it on low for 10 hours (due to my schedule) but it was probably ready an hour earlier. This is a great family meal. Thanks!
- 3 lbs boneless beef round steak, cut in pcs
- seasoning salt
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- 1 cup baby carrots
- 14 1⁄4 ounces beef gravy
- 46 ounces tomato juice
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 16 ounces egg noodles, cooked
Directions See How It's Made
- sprinkle beef with seasoning salt; brown in skillet sprayed with nonstick spray.
- layer beef, onion, green pepper with carrots in slow cooker.
- combine gravy and tomato juice in a bowl; mix well and pour over beef and vegetables.
- cover and cook on low setting for up to 10-12 hours --
- during the last hour or so.I put 2 cups of frozen peas.
- serve over prepared noodles or mashed potatoes.