10 hrs 10 mins
Air Force Mama's Note:
Place everything in the crock pot before leaving for work, come home, grab some buns and dinner is ready. Don't forget the salad =)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine tomato sauce, chili powder, brown sugar, coriander, and cumin in the base of the slow cooker. Stir to combine and distribute spices evenly.
- 2Sprinkle the pork with salt and pepper and place in slow cooker.
- 3Using tongs, turn the pork to coat it evenly in the sauce.
- 4Add the garlic and onions, stir again.
- 5Place lid on slow cooker and cook until pork is tender and beginning to fall apart, 8 - 10 hours on low or 4 - 6 hours on high.
- 6Transfer pork to a serving bowl and shred with two forks, removing excess fat.
- 7Skim excess fat off of the remaining sauce in the slow cooker. Stir in lime juice and season with salt and pepper.
- 8Add the shredded pork back to the slow cooker and mix it with the sauce.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Slow Cooker Shredded Pork That Cooks While You are at Work
Serving Size: 1 (718 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1200.2
- Calories from Fat 740
- Total Fat 82.3 g
- Saturated Fat 28.4 g
- Cholesterol 322.0 mg
- Sodium 1052.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 22.6 g
- Protein 81.2 g