Recipe by Vseward (Chef~V)
Ribs are perfect for the slow cooker because the longer you cook them, the more tender they become. Here's a quick recipe to tempt your taste buds, served with it's own condiment. Time does not include slow cooking. I will prepare this in my slow cooker the night before, plop in the cooker the next day and forget about it. Voila, dinner is ready in 10 minutes.
- 4 lbs beef short ribs
- 1 medium onion, halved, cut into wedges
- 1 1⁄2 cups red wine or 1 1⁄2 cups nonalcoholic red wine
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 crusty hard rolls, split
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Place ribs in slow cooker; top with onion wedges.
- Combine wine, garlic, Worcestershire sauce and 1 tsp salt in small bowl; pour over ribs. Cover and cook on low 9-12 hours or until meat is very tender and falls away from bones.
- Meanwhile, combine all sauce ingredients in small bowl. Cover and refrigerate.
- With tongs or slotted spoon, place ribs and onions in shallw pan; remove bones and fat.
- Slice or pull meat apart. Moisten meat mixture with cooking juices as desired. Discard remaining cooking juices or reserve for another use.
- Place meat in rolls; top with sauce.