Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Ribs are perfect for the slow cooker because the longer you cook them, the more tender they become. Here's a quick recipe to tempt your taste buds, served with it's own condiment. Time does not include slow cooking. I will prepare this in my slow cooker the night before, plop in the cooker the next day and forget about it. Voila, dinner is ready in 10 minutes.
- 4 lbs beef short ribs
- 1 medium onion, halved, cut into wedges
- 1 1⁄2 cups red wine or 1 1⁄2 cups nonalcoholic red wine
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 crusty hard rolls, split
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Place ribs in slow cooker; top with onion wedges.
- Combine wine, garlic, Worcestershire sauce and 1 tsp salt in small bowl; pour over ribs. Cover and cook on low 9-12 hours or until meat is very tender and falls away from bones.
- Meanwhile, combine all sauce ingredients in small bowl. Cover and refrigerate.
- With tongs or slotted spoon, place ribs and onions in shallw pan; remove bones and fat.
- Slice or pull meat apart. Moisten meat mixture with cooking juices as desired. Discard remaining cooking juices or reserve for another use.
- Place meat in rolls; top with sauce.
very very delicious, this was absolutely the best sandwich i have had in ages. I USED RED WINE, AND BOY IT BOUHJT OUT THE FLAVOR. A DEFINATELY WINNER !