Vseward (Chef~V)'s Note:
Ribs are perfect for the slow cooker because the longer you cook them, the more tender they become. Here's a quick recipe to tempt your taste buds, served with it's own condiment. Time does not include slow cooking. I will prepare this in my slow cooker the night before, plop in the cooker the next day and forget about it. Voila, dinner is ready in 10 minutes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 lbs beef short ribs
- 1 medium onion, halved, cut into wedges
- 1 1/2 cups red wine or 1 1/2 cups nonalcoholic red wine
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 crusty hard rolls, split
- 1Place ribs in slow cooker; top with onion wedges.
- 2Combine wine, garlic, Worcestershire sauce and 1 tsp salt in small bowl; pour over ribs. Cover and cook on low 9-12 hours or until meat is very tender and falls away from bones.
- 3Meanwhile, combine all sauce ingredients in small bowl. Cover and refrigerate.
- 4With tongs or slotted spoon, place ribs and onions in shallw pan; remove bones and fat.
- 5Slice or pull meat apart. Moisten meat mixture with cooking juices as desired. Discard remaining cooking juices or reserve for another use.
- 6Place meat in rolls; top with sauce.
Browse Our Top Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Slow-Cooker Short Ribs Sandwich
Serving Size: 1 (461 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1419.7
- Calories from Fat 1055
- Total Fat 117.2 g
- Saturated Fat 51.6 g
- Cholesterol 242.4 mg
- Sodium 909.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 48.6 g