Recipe by Taylor's Mommy
This recipe can't get any better. It's amazingly simple, you most likely have all of the ingredients in your pantry. Serve this wrapped up in tortillas.
Top Review by mums the word
Update: Tonight I turned the leftovers of this dish into a buffalo chicken dip by adding creamed cheese, hot sauce and sauteed celery with a dash of blue cheese. Cooked it at 300F for about 20 minutes and served with nachos....it was a hit! 10/19/12 -This recipe got mixed reviews tonight. It was certainly simple to prepare and the taste was good. I think it was done at the three hour mark so I turned it to low but then I noticed it was awfully watery. So I took the chicken out, added a slurry of cornstarch and water and let that thicken while I shredded the chicken. Put the chicken back in and added the sour cream just before serving. I sauteed peppers and onions on the side and we added some cheddar cheese to each tortilla. I would say this recipe makes about 8-10 servings. I was in a hurry to get to hockey tonight so forgot to take a photo - sorry! Made for Fall PAC 2012.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (frozen is fine)
- 1 cup salsa
- 10 1⁄2 ounces condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 1⁄4 ounces taco seasoning
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 6 tortillas
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chicken in the bottom of your slow cooker.
- Sprinkle taco seasoning on chicken.
- In a bowl, combine soup and salsa. Pour over chicken.
- Cook on high 4 hours. When done, shred chicken with two forks and stir in sour cream.
- Serve on tortillas or as desired.