Prep 30 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This sounds like an interesting loaf of bread. The recipe comes from Mable Hoffman's Crockery Cookery.
- 3⁄4 cup hot water
- 3⁄4 cup peanut butter
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 2 cups flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 cup chopped salted peanuts
- In large bowl, pour hot water over peanut butter.
- Stir in milk, sugar, salt, egg, flour and baking powder.
- Mix well.
- Add peanuts.
- Grease 5 or 6 cup mold.
- Spoon bread mixture into mold.
- Cover with foil and tie.
- Place mold on rack in slow cooker.
- Pour 2 cups hot water around mold.
- Cover pot and cook on HIGH for 2-3 hrs, or until done.
- Remove from pot.
- Let bread stand to mold for 10 min.
- ;turn out on cooling rack.
- Serve warm or cool; spread with butter, marmalade, or jam.