Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Betty Crocker deserves credit here. Pass the fresh parmesan cheese.
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 4 cups frozen mixed vegetables, chopped (thawed)
- 1 (19 ounce) can Italian stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 9 1⁄2 ounces cans romano beans, drained (15 to 16 ounces)
- 4 ounces cans whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup soup pasta
- grated parmesan cheese
- Place all ingredients except corn,beans, pasta and cheese in slow cooker breaking up tomatoes.
- Cover and let cook at High for 4 hours.
- Add corn and beans and pasta and cook until pasta is tender (ap. 1/2 hour).
- Serve with freshly grated parmesan cheese.
Delicious and so easy to make, plus this recipe is very adaptable to whatever is on hand. I made some changes based on what I had (my size cans were different than those called for) and I also used canellini beans instead of the beans called for (couldn't find). For the pasta I used orzo pasta, which was delicious is this soup. For all who are following the WW flex program, this is only about 3 points/serving and is very filling and satisfying! Thanks for sharing this keeper recipe which we will be having often.
So simple to make, yet very hearty and satisfying! I made this for my daughter's thermos for school, and my DH and I had it for our own lunch, we all enjoyed it so much! Thanks for a delicious, tasty and easy to make recipe Sage! :)
It was OK, but my husband did not like it because he was not eating the leftovers