Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Adapted from a Betty Crocker magazine to be OAMC friendly. This should be made with bone-in chicken breasts, but you can also use thighs.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 29 ounces tomatoes with onion and garlic
- 14 ounces artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 6 ounces black olives, drained
- 10 ounces couscous, prepared according to directions
- Heat oil in skillet over medium-high heat.
- Sprinkle chicken with garlic powder, pepper and oregano. Cook in oil 8 minutes, turning once, until browned on both sides; drain and cool.
- Place tomatoes and artichokes in a zip top bag.
- Place chicken in a zip top bag.
- Place both bags in a larger bag. Freeze with remaining instructions.
- To serve: Thaw. Place chicken in slow cooker. Top with tomatoes. Cook 4 hours on low. Stir in olives. Serve over prepared couscous.