Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This came from the Southern Living Slow Cooker Cookbook and it is delicious.
- 3⁄4 finely chopped onion
- 3⁄4 finely chopped green bell pepper
- 3 1⁄2 cups hot cooked elbow macaroni (about 1 1/2 cups uncooked)
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground red pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups 1% low-fat milk
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 ounces processed cheese (velveeta)
- 1 (2 ounce) jar diced pimentos, drained
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; place over medium-high heat until hot. Add onion and bell pepper; saute 5 minutes or until tender.
- Place onion mixture and macaroni in a 3-quart electric slow cooker coated with cooking spray.
- Place flour and next 4 ingredients in a small bowl; gradually add milk, stirring with a whisk until well blended.
- Add milk mixture, cheeses, and pimiento to slow cooker; stir well.
- Cover with lid; cook on high-heat setting 1 1/2 hours or until thick and creamy, stirring after 1 hour.