Recipe by MJMommy13
From Real Simple Magazine
Top Review by Ambervim
The flavor development was very good. The apricot and olive flavors got lost. I will have to try it without them to see if they contributed significantly to the flavor or if it was the spices that did it. I had no carrots. Having no couscous, I served it over brown rice. After it was done cooking, I zapped okra and moringa and added them so there was green with the dinner. If you don't know moringa, think half inch leaves of delicate spinach.
- 680.38 g lamb shoulder, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 118.29 ml dried apricot, halved
- 118.29 ml pitted green olives
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 29.58 ml all-purpose flour
- 4.92 ml paprika
- 4.92 ml ground cumin
- 2.46 ml ground cinnamon
- 2.46 ml ground ginger
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 236.59 ml couscous
- chopped pistachios, fresh cilantro leaves, and lemon wedges, for serving
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 4- to 6-quart slow cooker, mix together the lamb, carrots, onion, apricots, olives, garlic, flour, paprika, cumin, cinnamon, ginger, 1 teaspoon salt, ¼ teaspoon pepper, and ½ cup water.
- Cover and cook until the lamb and vegetables are tender, on low for 7 to 8 hours or on high for 4 to 5 hours (this will shorten total recipe time).
- Ten minutes before serving, cook the couscous according to the package directions. Serve the lamb on the couscous with the pistachios, cilantro, and lemon wedges.