7 hrs 20 mins
Five ingredients and a few hours in the slow cooker will give you twelve delicious garlic-cheese turkey sandwiches. This is a Betty Crocker recipe. Look for garlic-and-herb spreadable cheese in the dairy case. It's available in several flavor variations, so experiment to discover which one you like best in this recipe. Add a New Orleans twist by sprinkling sliced pimiento-stuffed green olives over the sandwiches to give them the taste of the Crescent City's famous muffuletta sandwich.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 lbs turkey thighs, skin removed
- 1/3 cup Italian dressing
- 12 small French rolls, 3 inches long
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) container spreadable cheese with garlic and herbs
- 1 (7 1/4 ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained, cut into strips
- 1Place turkey in 3- to 4-quart slow cooker.
- 2Cover; cook on Low heat setting 7 to 8 hours.
- 3With slotted spoon, remove turkey from cooker; place on cutting board. Discard liquid in cooker. Remove bones from turkey and discard. With 2 forks, shred turkey. Return turkey to cooker. Stir in Italian dressing.
- 4Cut rolls horizontally in half. To serve, spread bottom half of each roll with 1 rounded tablespoon spreadable cheese; top with 1/3 cup turkey and some of the roasted peppers. Turkey mixture will hold on Low heat setting up to 2 hours; stir occasionally.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Slow Cooker Italian Turkey Sandwiches
Serving Size: 1 (61 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 127.3
- Calories from Fat 31
- Total Fat 3.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 493.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 3.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
spreadable cheese with garlic and herbs