Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
From Family Circle
- 1 boneless and skinless turkey breast half
- 236.59 ml reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 7.39 ml curry powder
- 1.23 ml cayenne pepper
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1 large onion
- 29.58 ml ginger, chopped
- 59.14 ml cilantro leaf
- 425.24 g can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 118.29 ml low-fat plain yogurt
- 29.58 ml cilantro, chopped
- 709.77 ml cooked brown basmati rice
- Coat slow cooker bowl with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place turkey in bottom and pour broth over top.
- Mix together curry powder, cayenne pepper and salt; sprinkle over turkey.
- Scatter onion, ginger and cilantro leaves over turkey.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 hours.
- Add chickpeas during last 30 minutes of cooking.
- Remove turkey to a cutting board and cover.
- Gradually whisk yogurt into slow cooker bowl; stir in chopped cilantro.
- Allow sauce to heat through.
- Slice turkey and serve with cooked rice and the yogurt and chickpea sauce.
Delicious and easy!. The turkey breast was moist, chick peas very flavorful and the sauce fantastic. Thanks for post ing this incredible recipe.