Prep 25 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is a perfect appetizer for a get together, or for the guys watching the game.
- 1 (2 lb) package chicken wings
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups honey
- 3⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 3⁄4 cup chili sauce
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic, prepared minced
- Rinse chicken, pat dry and sprinkle very lightly with salt and pepper.
- Place wingettes on broiler pan; broil for 20 minutes, 10 minutes on each side.
- Transfer to a slow cooker sprayed with vegetable cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine honey, soy sauce, chili sauce, oil, and garlic; spoon over wingettes.
- Cover aand cook on low for 4 to 5 hours, or on high for 2 to 2-1/2 hours.
- Garnish with dried parsley.
These were tasty tender wings. I did not use any soy sauce, only because I totally missed it until after everything was in the crock pot. They cooked in the crockpot for 2 hours and I broiled them again after I took them out just to crisp them up and everything worked out well. Will make these again, thanks for sharing your lovely recipe :)
Made these wings for a Christmas get-together yesterday and they were really good. The recipe does not specify what kind of chili sauce so I used Thai chili sauce, but much less than the recipe called for and they were plenty spicy. Made for the FYC tag game.
OMG! I am making several versions of wings for the Superbowl, and these are 1st quarter! Totally delicious. I wish I'd subbed sesame oil, but didn't think of it until after they were in the crock pot. I love the combination....I was scared they would be too sweet, but using sriracha hot chili sauce made sure that wouldn't happen. My mouth is enjoying the mix of sweet and spice. Really, really enjoying it! Thanks for sharing! Made for PRMR tag!