Recipe by Audrey M
A hearty soup that is only 4 WW points. Just throw the ingredients in your slow cooker. What more can you want - a meal prepared when you get home. I usually have the bread machine set so the bread is done along with the soup when it is time to eat.
Top Review by Xandi
I couldn't find gumbo vegetables either, but I used "Santa Fe" style ones with beans and broccoli and bell peppers with good results. I also added one small can of tomato paste to the broth about halfway through the cooking time, just because the broth seemed to need something. The results were outstanding! I'm usually bad about eating leftovers, but I had this soup for lunch and dinner two days in a row. My only criticism is that the rice absorbed a lot of the liquid, so after the first meal it was more like jambalaya than soup. Not a bad thing, though - it was delicious!
- 1 (16 ounce) packagegumbo frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast half, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 4 ounces turkey kielbasa, sliced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can cajun-style stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons salt-free extra-spicy seasoning
- 2 cups cooked long-grain rice, cooked without salt or fat