Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 hrs
I received a booklet from Kraft Foods today which is called "food & family" and this is one of the recipes in it that I am posting here to try at a later date.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 (15 ounce) can dark red kidney beans, rinsed, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can light kidney beans, rinsed, drained
- 1 1⁄2 cups Taco Bell Home Originals thick 'n chunky salsa (mild)
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomato sauce, no-salt-added
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed and drained
- 1 cup kraft four-cheese Mexican blend cheese, shredded
- Brown meat; drain. Add to slow cooker with remaining ingredients except cheese; stir. Cover with lid.
- Cook on LOW 5 to 6 hours (or on HIGH 3 to 4 hours).
- Stir just before serving. Serve topped with cheese.
- Serving suggestion: Serve with a simple side of Ritz Crackers.
We have made this several times - it is so easy to make and delicious!
I also found this from Kraft Food & Family and have made it twice already. It is wonderful! Very easy to make and is healthier than canned chili. I only used 1 pound beef and cooked it with the onions to make sure they were softened. Also I used mild Pace picante sauce and added about a 1/2 teaspoon cumin. It is very good and I will be making it many more times! Thanks for posting!