1/3 Photos of Slow Cooker Chili
4 hrs 20 mins
I have had this recipe for many years and always receive compliments on it. Please decrease spice if you do not like spicy or add extra if you like.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb bulk hot sausage (I use Jimmy Dean)
- 1 1/2 lbs ground chuck (or ground round may be used)
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced (optional)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon chili powder (can use less)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 (30 ounce) can hot chili beans, undrained (can use mild)
- corn chips (optional)
- shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
- 1In large skillet, brown meat. Drain.
- 2In slow cooker, combine browned meat and remaining ingredients EXCEPT beans. Stir well.
- 3Cook on high setting for 1 hour. Reduce to low and cook 3 hours to allow flavors to blend. You can also let mixture cook on low for 6 to 7 hours.
- 4Add chili beans. Cook on low setting for 30 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- 5Serve in bowls and add Frito's and shredded cheese if desired.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Slow Cooker Chili
Serving Size: 1 (515 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 693.6
- Calories from Fat 280
- Total Fat 31.1 g
- Saturated Fat 10.5 g
- Cholesterol 128.3 mg
- Sodium 1582.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.1 g
- Sugars 9.3 g
- Protein 48.4 g