Prep 30 mins
Cook 8 hrs
A favorite in our house. We tweak the spices from time to time, but this is the basic formula. Vary the habanero to your own taste.
- 1 lb ground turkey breast
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn
- 1 (16 ounce) bagfrozen bell peppers
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 2 medium habanero peppers
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- In a pan, heat the oil.
- Brown the turkey breast and onion in the oil until the turkey is no longer pink. Add chili powder.
- Add browned turkey, onion, and rest of ingredients to slow cooker.
- Cook on low all day!
- Enjoy when you get home!
This was ok. I had never had cinnamon in chili before and I don't think I'm a fan. My husband loved it, though. I'll make it again omitting the cinnamon. I think it'll be much better.