Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
From McCormick.com. This is a very easy and delicious way to make North Carolina style pork barbecue. Serve it on a bun with cole slaw.
- 3 lbs boneless pork shoulder, well trimmed
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packagemccormick slow cookers bbq pulled pork seasoning
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup cider vinegar
- Place pork in slow cooker. Mix Seasoning, ketchup, brown sugar and vinegar until blended. Pour over pork. Cover.
- Cook 8 hours on LOW or 4 hours on HIGH. Remove pork from slow cooker.
- Shred pork, using 2 forks. Return pork to slow cooker. Mix and heat with sauce before serving. Serve on sandwich rolls, if desired.
- IMPORTANT: For best results, do not remove cover during cooking.