Recipe by Lavender Lynn
I found this recipe on Betty C. This is cooked the same way I have always cooked my ribs only in a slow cooker. My family loves this way of cooking them.
Top Review by Cook4_6
This is a very quick and easy method for cooking ribs. My family prefers ribs a tiny bit firmer, so next time I will put them on the grill after the initial 8-9 hours in the crock pot, and then top with the sauce. The flavor was most fabulous! Thanks for posting. ( I used Damon's BBQ sauce and it was yummo!)
- 3 1⁄2 lbs pork back ribs
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup cola
- 1 1⁄2 cups barbecue sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray inside of 4 to 5 qt slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Remove inner skin from ribs.
- Mix brown sugar, salt, pepper, and garlic.
- Rub mixture into ribs.
- Cut ribs into 4 in pieces.
- Layer ribs and onion in slow cooker.
- Pour cola over ribs.
- Cover and cook on low setting 8 to 9 hours or until tender.
- Remove ribs from slow cooker. Drain and discard liquid.
- Pour barbecue sauce into shallow bowl. Dip ribs into sauce. Place ribs into slow cooker.
- Pour any remaining sauce over ribs.
- Cover and cook on low heat setting 1 hour.