1/2 Photos of Slow Cooker Baked Ziti
7 hrs 20 mins
This came in a coupon book with my Taste of Home Magazine. I absolutely love it. My boyfriend and I ate some for supper and froze the rest of it for a quick meal later on.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook ground beef and onion in a large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until beef is no longer pink. Stir in seasonings to evenly coat meat; stir in pasta sauce. Set aside.
- 2Mix 1 cup mozzarella, the ricotta and parmesan in a medium bowl. Spoon 2 cups of meat sauce into the slow cooker; top with 2 cups ziti. Drop half of the cheese mixture, by rounded tablespoons, over ziti; carefully spread over ziti using back of spoon. Layer with 2 cups meat sauce, the remaining ziti and remaining cheese. Add remaining meat sauce, completely covering all the ziti and cheese. Place lid on slow cooker.
- 3Cook on low for 6 to 7 hours or high for 4 to 5 hours or until noodles are tender.
- 4Carefully remove lid to allow steam to escape. Sprinkle food with the remaining 1 cup mozzarella; let stand 10 minutes until melted. Serve directly from slow cooker.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Slow Cooker Baked Ziti
Serving Size: 1 (424 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 996.9
- Calories from Fat 381
- Total Fat 42.4 g
- Saturated Fat 20.4 g
- Cholesterol 138.5 mg
- Sodium 1897.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 99.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.7 g
- Sugars 27.2 g
- Protein 51.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dried Italian seasoning