Ronzoni Baked Ziti.
photo by Jand1
- Ready In:
- 0.5 (8 ounce) box ziti pasta
- 3⁄4 lb ground beef (optional) or 3/4 lb sausage (optional)
- 3 cups marinara sauce (my favorite is Rao's)
- 1 3⁄4 cups ricotta cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- grated parmesan cheese
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Cook pasta.
- In large skillet brown meat (if using) and drain. Add marinara and simmer for 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl stir together ricotta, 1 cup mozzarella and seasonings.
- Toss the cooked pasta with the sauce and add half of it to a 9x13 baking dish. Then spread the cheese mixture over the pasta.
- Add the remaining pasta and top with mozzarella and parmesan.
- Cover loosely with foil and bake for 25 minutes. Remove foil and bake another 5 minutes until hot and bubbly and cheese is golden brown.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I loved it but I tweaked it a bit. I added minced garlic (a must for me in all pasta dishes!) and I baked it in an 8x8 pan so it went for 35 minutes rather than 25. It came out so good and even my extremely picky 3 year old loved it! I also used Barilla’s protein pasta just so I can justify to myself that having carb-filled dinner isn’t a terrible idea…lol!
So easy and delicious! I used 1 lb. penne rigate, because that's what I had, and didn't change a thing in the recipe, making it with sausage. My favorite jar sauce is Paesana Marinara. It's an excellent base for any Italian dish requiring tomato sauce. I didn't have a 9x13 baking pan, so I substituted with a 5 qt dutch oven. Unless you like your pasta really soft, be sure to boil it only until it's al dente, because it will continue to cook in the oven. Thank you for a keepsake recipe!
see 5 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live with my husband and two cocker spaniels. I really started to enjoy trying new recipes. I use recipezaar constantly, it's a wonderful resource!