Prep 30 mins
Cook 7 hrs
Aye me mateys, what's better than rum ye say? A sweet and savory stew made with rum.
Make and share this Slow Cooked Yo Ho Ho Saucy Wench recipe from Food.com.
- 6 boneless chicken breast fillets (no cross bones or skin)
- flour (fer dredging)
- 29.58 ml canola oil (for browning)
- 425.24 g canned diced tomatoes
- 236.59 ml asparagus (fresh or frozen)
- 425.24 g canned peaches (juice of)
- 59.14 ml rum (not fer drinking)
- 29.58 ml Thai sweet chili sauce
- 9.85 ml chili powder
- 2.46 ml cumin
- 85.04 g tomato paste
- rice (for soaking up the stew) or pasta (for soaking up the stew)
- Cut chicken up into bite sized pieces.
- Dredge chicken pieces in flour.
- Brown chicken pieces on all sides in skillet with canola oil. Should take about 10 minutes or so.
- Remove from heat, remove chicken from skillet and set aside.
- Drain juice from peaches and place in bottom of crock-pot. Reserve peaches.
- In blender, blend rum, peaches, tomato paste, cumin, chili powder and Thai sweet chili sauce together for 1-2 minutes.
- Turn crock pot on low setting.
- Chop up asparagus into bite sized pieces.
- Add tomatoes to crock-pot, then add asparagus on top.
- Next add chicken.
- Pour peach mixture over top of chicken.
- Cover and cook on low 7 hours.
- Cook rice or pasta to package directions. Serve stew on top of rice or pasta.
Nice flavors and who doesn't love a chicken recipe for the crock pot? good use of ingredients and easy to prepare.
This stew was really good. My dh & I really enjoyed this tasty dish. The chicken was perfect, it melted in your mouth and the sauce was wonderful, full of great flavors. I served the stew with steamed rice. My dh loved it so much that he asked for the leftovers for his lunch the next day. Thanks for sharing your awesome recipe. Really nice use of the contest ingredients, Good Luck in the contest.