Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 hrs
This is an amazing slow cook meal.
- 3 large assorted bell peppers
- 1 large yellow onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- salt and black pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 lbs assorted sausage
- 1⁄3 cup dry red wine
- 8 small portugese rolls
- Cut peppers and onions into chunks.
- Put peppers in the slow cooker.
- Sprinkle onion with garlic, salt, pepper, thyme, put in the slow cooker.
- Brown the sausage in oil. Do not use a non-stick pan in order to maximize the scrape bits used later.
- Prick the sausage with a fork and put into cooker.
- Boil scrape bits left over in pan in wine.
- Pour in cooker.
- Cook on low 6 to 8 hours.
- To make a sandwich.
- Cut rolls in half and lightly toast.
- Cut a sausage in half and put both halves on roll with some pepper and onions. Add a slice of american cheese, if desired.
Really good flavor. The peppers got really soggy. I would probably put them in half ways through the cooking time. I made this for My-Three-Chefs 2008.