Recipe by Virginia Cherry Blossom
From the Simple 1-2-3 Slow Cooker Cookbook.
Top Review by yamakarasu
I had a run of bad luck today since we had a power outage for a few hours while the ribs were going! So when the power came back, I had to finish them off in the oven with the lack of time. Still, these ribs were really tasty! I had loaded the crock pot up with extra onions (scallions and red onions) and extra garlic and ginger. No one's going to win any nice breath contests tonight, but we'll be full and happy. I might use just a touch less brown sugar next time, or even omit it altogether, as I found it a touch too sweet, but otherwise it was wonderful. Thank you!
- 4 -4 1⁄2 lbs beef short ribs
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped (with tops)
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce (or tamari sauce)
- 1⁄4 cup beef broth (or water)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, minced
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
- hot cooked rice (or Linguine Pasta)
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Place ribs in slow cooker. Combine green onions, say sauce, broth, brown sugar, ginger, garlic, and pepper in medium bowl; mix well and pour over ribs. Cover; cook on LOW 7 to 8 hours or until ribs are fork tender.
- Remove ribs from cooking liquid; cool slightly. Trim excess fat. Cut rib meat into bite-size pieces, discarding bones and fat. Let cooking liquid stand 5 minutes to allow fat to rise. Skim off fat.
- Stir sesame seed oil into liquid. Return beef to slow cooker. Cover; cook 15 to 30 minutes or until hot. Serve with rice; garnish with sesame seeds.