An easy homemade Sloppy Joes from Ellie Krieger. I enjoyed the addition of the pinto beans and red pepper. Filling and good for you!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jalapeno, minced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 cups tomato sauce, no salt added
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground pepper (to taste)
- 8 whole wheat hamburger buns
- 1Brown the meat and onion in a large non-stick skillet over med-high heat for 5 minutes, breaking up the meat into crumbles as it cooks.
- 2Pour the drippings out of the pan.
- 3Add the garlic, jalapeno and red pepper and cook 5 minutes more, stirring occasionally.
- 4Stir in the rest of the ingredients and reduce the heat to low.
- 5Simmer for 5 minutes more.
- 6Serve 1/2 cup scoop of the mixture onto each bun and serve.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sloppy Joes Plus
Serving Size: 1 (241 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 307.0
- Calories from Fat 54
- Total Fat 6.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 35.1 mg
- Sodium 748.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.8 g
- Sugars 8.2 g
- Protein 22.2 g