Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a favorite at my house. Hispanic people call it "Picadillo". Usually eaten with flour tortillas, I have added the cheese sauce and sour cream. Hope you enjoy!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, sliced and chopped (seeds and all)
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce, plus
- 1 cup water
- garlic powder (1/2 tspn or more)
- flour tortilla
- cheddar cheese sauce
- garlic butter (make your own if needed by adding a dash of garlic powder to some softened butter)
- sour cream
- Brown ground beef with chopped onion, chopped Jalapenos and salt.
- Drain or spoon off excess fat after browning.
- Add tomato sauce, water and garlic powder to meat mixture.
- Simmer for 10-15 mins to thicken to desired consistency for serving.
- Heat tortillas keeping them soft and pliable.
- I usually heat them on a gas burner set to low, turning them quite often.
- Brown crusty spots are quite welcome!
- Swipe garlic butter across center of warmed tortilla.
- Add single portion of meat mixture and fold in half like a taco.
- Add warm cheese sauce over meat and a couple of small dallops of sour cream.
- Indulge yourself!