Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a huge favorite with all my family and friends . Even picky children will eat these. You'll never buy Manwich again!
- 1 -1 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 -3 tablespoon chili powder, to taste
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder (optional)
- Brown beef and drain the grease.
- Add onion and bell pepper and cook til onion is clear.
- Add spices and tomato sauce and cook for a minute til hot through.
- Great leftovers.
No more Manwich! This is much tastier and healthier. I omitted the curry powder and added 2 tablespons of sugar and 2 tablespoons of vinegar. My family gobbled it up. I gave the recipe to my sister and her family loved it too.
Good stuff. This is a nice basic sloppy joe recipe that uses stuff I usually have around. Quick and easy to make. Thanks for sharing this recipe, Katrina.
I'll never buy Manwich again! These were the best sloppy joes I've ever had. The only thing I did differently was add some brown sugar to tone the tomato sauce down a little. Thanks for the recipe!!!