Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I was looking for a lighter sloppy joe recipe and based this recipe on one from Hungry Girl that I modified. It's a very good, light sloppy joe sandwich. The broccoli slaw adds a nice crunch. This is not a really wet sloppy joe. I thought it would be a tough sell to get DH to try this recipe, but he loved it.
- 20 ounces 93% lean ground turkey
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 (12 ounce) bag broccoli coleslaw mix
- 2 (15 ounce) cansmanwich sloppy joe sandwich sauce (adjust up or down to your taste)
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon hot sauce (optional)
- 4 Oroweat Multi-Grain Sandwich Thins
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. When hot, spray with cooking spray. Add ground turkey and diced onion. Cook, breaking up turkey into crumbles until cooked --about 8 minutes. About halfway through cooking, add the diced green bell pepper.
- Add broccoli slaw and sloppy joe sauce to skillet. Mix and continue cooking approximately 6 minutes. Add hot sauce if you like it a bit spicy. Slaw should be softened when done.