Recipe by carolinafan
Great quick casserole.
Top Review by juniperwoman
This was great with some changes, all of which I would recommend again. I browned half an onion (chopped), then added the beef and browned. Then I added 12 ounce of frozen corn and some frozen sweet peppers, a can of hominy (drained), and the sloppy joe sauce, some hot sauce and garlic powder, and some ketchup. Everything went in a 19x12 pan. The biscuits were a small size can (6 ounces), cut in half, and placed cut side down at the extreme edges of the pan. They cooked perfectly. Delicious! A real pantry pleaser.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup sliced green onion
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can sloppy joe sandwich sauce
- 1 (11 ounce) can corn mixed with chopped peppers, undrained
- 1 (6 ounce) can refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375.
- In large skillet, brown ground beef with onions, drain.
- Stir in sandwich sauce and corn.
- Cook 2 to 3 minutes or until thoroughly heated, stirring occasionally.
- Spoon mixture into ungreased 1 to 1 1/2 quart casserole.
- Separate dough into 5 biscuits; cut each in half.
- Arrange, cut side down, around outside edge of hot mixture with biscuits touching.
- Bake at 375 for 15 to 20 minutes or until biscuits are deep golden brown.