Recipe by cakeinmyface
Adapted from Sainsbury’s try something new winter edition 2009, To make full fat use butter instead of low fat cooking spray, the feta cheese will count as your healthy extra.
- low-fat cooking spray
- 2 bell peppers (deseeded and sliced thinly)
- 2 onions (peeled and finely diced)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 300 g arborio rice
- 800 ml vegetable stock (hot)
- 155 g large shrimp (peeled and cooked)
- 200 g frozen peas
- 100 g low-fat feta (crumbled)
- 2 tablespoons parsley (roughly chopped)
Directions See How It's Made
- .Spray cooking spray on large frying pan, cook peppers over a medium heat for 5 minutes Remove from pan and set aside.
- In same pan add more cooking spray and cook the onions until softened not coloured, stir in garlic and rice and cook for 1 min, add the stock a ladleful at a time and cook for 18 minutes, stirring constantly until all stock has been absorbed and rice is tender.
- Add prawns, peas and cooked peppers, cook for a further 2 minutes and then stir in half of the remaining cheese.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese and parsley to serve.