Adapted from Sainsbury’s try something new winter edition 2009, To make full fat use butter instead of low fat cooking spray, the feta cheese will count as your healthy extra.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- low-fat cooking spray
- 2 bell peppers (deseeded and sliced thinly)
- 2 onions (peeled and finely diced)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 300 g arborio rice
- 800 ml vegetable stock (hot)
- 155 g large shrimp (peeled and cooked)
- 200 g frozen peas
- 100 g low-fat feta (crumbled)
- 2 tablespoons parsley (roughly chopped)
- 1.Spray cooking spray on large frying pan, cook peppers over a medium heat for 5 minutes Remove from pan and set aside.
- 2In same pan add more cooking spray and cook the onions until softened not coloured, stir in garlic and rice and cook for 1 min, add the stock a ladleful at a time and cook for 18 minutes, stirring constantly until all stock has been absorbed and rice is tender.
- 3Add prawns, peas and cooked peppers, cook for a further 2 minutes and then stir in half of the remaining cheese.
- 4Sprinkle with remaining cheese and parsley to serve.
Browse Our Top Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Slimming World Friendly Prawn Risotto
Serving Size: 1 (306 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 437.4
- Calories from Fat 58
- Total Fat 6.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 71.1 mg
- Sodium 558.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 76.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.3 g
- Sugars 7.3 g
- Protein 17.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: