Recipe by Theresa P
A luscious and light side dish made with low fat Swiss cheese, dill, onions and mushrooms. This side dish may be low in fat but it has BIG flavor!
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 3⁄4 cup diced onion
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 cups skim milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1 teaspoon white wine worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup shredded low-fat swiss cheese
- 4 large potatoes, peeled and sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray a medium saucepan with non-stick spray.
- Add onions and mushrooms.
- Cook until vegetables are tender.
- Sprinkle in the flour and stir until vegetables are coated with flour.
- Gradually add the milk and cook until mixture is thick and bubbly, about 5 to 6 minutes.
- Add cheese, dill, salt, pepper and Worcestershire sauce.
- Cook until cheese is melted.
- Remove from heat.
- Spray a medium casserole with non-stick spray.