1/1 Photo of Sliced Steak with Roasted-corn Salsa
1 hr 4 mins
Dave C's Note:
Sounds wonderful? It is.Grilled potato wedges make a terrific side.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 709.77 ml fresh corn (about 3 ears)
- 4 scallions, white and green parts thinly sliced separately
- 29.58 ml unsalted butter
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- 7.39 ml kosher salt
- 7.39 ml ground cumin
- 4.92 ml chili powder
- 2.46 ml black pepper
- 2 plum tomatoes, finely diced
- 1-2 fresh jalapeno chile, , finely diced (, including seeds)
- 907.18 g trimmed boneless sirloin steaks, about 1 1/2 inches thick
- 59.14 ml finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1Accompaniment: lime wedges.
- 2Prepare grill for cooking.
- 3Make corn salsa: Heat a dry large cast-iron skillet over moderately high heat until hot, then pan-roast corn, stirring occasionally, until golden brown, 8-10 minutes .
- 4Transfer to a bowl.
- 5Cook white part of scallions in butter with garlic, 1 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon each cumin and chili powder, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in skillet over moderate heat, stirring, until scallions are tender, 3-4 minutes .
- 6Remove from heat and stir in corn, tomatoes, and jalapeños.
- 7Grill steak: Combine remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon cumin, 1/2 teaspoon chili powder, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper and sprinkle on both sides of steak.
- 8Grill, turning once, until an instant-read thermometer inserted horizontally into thickest part of meat registers 130°F, 18-20 minutes total for medium-rare.
- 9Transfer steak to a grooved cutting board and let stand 5-10 minutes before slicing.
- 10While steak is standing, reheat corn mixture over moderate heat, stirring occasionally.
- 11Stir in cilantro and scallion greens.
- 12Spoon corn on top of sliced steak and pour over any accumulated juices.
Browse Our Top Corn Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Corn Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sliced Steak with Roasted-corn Salsa
Serving Size: 1 (405 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 466.7
- Calories from Fat 150
- Total Fat 16.7 g
- Saturated Fat 7.3 g
- Cholesterol 151.3 mg
- Sodium 1034.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 54.8 g