Prep 20 mins
Cook 44 mins
Sounds wonderful? It is.Grilled potato wedges make a terrific side.
Make and share this Sliced Steak with Roasted-corn Salsa recipe from Food.com.
- 3 cups fresh corn (about 3 ears)
- 4 scallions, white and green parts thinly sliced separately
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 plum tomatoes, finely diced
- 1 -2 fresh jalapeno chile, , finely diced (, including seeds)
- 1 (2 lb) trimmed boneless sirloin steaks, about 1 1/2 inches thick
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- Accompaniment: lime wedges.
- Prepare grill for cooking.
- Make corn salsa: Heat a dry large cast-iron skillet over moderately high heat until hot, then pan-roast corn, stirring occasionally, until golden brown, 8-10 minutes .
- Transfer to a bowl.
- Cook white part of scallions in butter with garlic, 1 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon each cumin and chili powder, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in skillet over moderate heat, stirring, until scallions are tender, 3-4 minutes .
- Remove from heat and stir in corn, tomatoes, and jalapeños.
- Grill steak: Combine remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon cumin, 1/2 teaspoon chili powder, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper and sprinkle on both sides of steak.
- Grill, turning once, until an instant-read thermometer inserted horizontally into thickest part of meat registers 130°F, 18-20 minutes total for medium-rare.
- Transfer steak to a grooved cutting board and let stand 5-10 minutes before slicing.
- While steak is standing, reheat corn mixture over moderate heat, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in cilantro and scallion greens.
- Spoon corn on top of sliced steak and pour over any accumulated juices.
Great steak! Loved both the seasoning on the outside of the meat and the corn salsa. In fact, I think the corn salsa would make a nice vegetable side dish to a lot of meals. I overdid the steak slightly because I didn't look at the weight of the meat properly compared with what the recipe calls for (mine was smaller) but otherwise it was perfect.