Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Nice and easy Thai salad with full of coriander flavour.
- 350 g lean sirloin steaks or 350 g rump steak or 350 g steak fillets
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 4 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon roasted chili powder (depends on how hot you want it to be)
- 3 -4 asian shallots, finely sliced
- 3 lettuce leaves, to serve
- 20 g roughly chopped coriander leaves, garnish
- 15 g roughly chopped mint leaves, for garnish
- Heat a barbecue or grill to medium.
- If using a grill, line the tray with foil.
- Put the beef on the grill rack and sprinkle both sides with salt and pepper.
- Cook for 5-7 minutes on each side, turning occasionally.
- Fat should drip off the meat and the meat should cook slowly enough to remain juicy and not burn.
- Using a sharp knife, slice the cooked beef crossways into strips.
- Mix the fish sauce, lime juice, sugar and chili powder in a bowl.
- Add the Asian shallots and the slices of beef.
- Taste, then adjust the seasoning if necessary.
- Line a serving plate with lettuce leaves, then spoon the mixture over the leaves.
- Sprinkle with coriander and mint leaves.