Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
From Rachel Ray
- 12 slice bacon
- 566.99 g flank steaks or 566.99 g flat iron steaks, at room temperature
- coarse salt and pepper
- 4 jalapenos, seeded
- 78.07 ml olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1 shallots or 0 red onion, coarsley chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 236.59 ml cilantro, loosely packed
- 236.59 ml flat leaf parsley, loosely packed
- 4.92 ml dried oregano or 4.92 ml marjoram
- 1 lime, juiced
- 29.58 ml sherry wine vinegar
- 8 slice bread, sturdy sandwich bread toasted
- 1 bunch watercress, stemmed
- 1 large tomatoes, sliced
- Preheat oven to 375. Arrange the bacon on a pan lined with parchment and cook til desired level of crispness.
- Meanwhile, preheat a cast iron skillet or griddle over medium high. Season the steak with salt and pepper and drizzle with a bit of olive oil. Grill the meat, turning once, for about 8 minutes for med-rare. Remove from heat and let rest about 5-10 minute Slice thinly on an angle against the grain.
- Using food processor, pulse the 1/3 c oil, the chiles, shallot, garlic, cilantro, parsley, oregano, lime juice and vinegar into a chimichurri sauce. Season with salt and pepper.
- To serve, arrange the sliced steak on the toast. Top with watercress, bacon, tomato, chimichurri and the remaining toast.