Prep 20 mins
Cook 12 mins
My eleven-year old daughter, Katherine, found this recipe in "Sleepover Cookbook" from her school library. She made me a grocery list and sent me to the store. She enjoyed making it herself, except with help from me manning the boiling pot of water. She insisted on adding salami, which was a good addition. Another time, chopped red pepper worked well added in too. It's a great pasta salad, bound to be popular with kids of every age!
- 1 lb farfalle pasta, cooked according to directions and rinsed with cold water (bow-tie)
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, cut in half or quarters
- 2 cups cubed mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sliced salami
- 2 (6 1/2 ounce) jars marinated artichoke hearts, drained and cut into small pieces (Katherine reserved 1 tablespoon marinade)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh basil or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil (minus 1 tablespoon)
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- In large mixing bowl, combine tomatoes, mozzarella, salami, artichoke hearts, basil, 1 tablespoon marinade, olive oil, and vinegar.
- Add pasta to mixing bowl and gently mix ingredients together.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately or chill.