Recipe by Chell_71369
My hubby loves eggrolls, but I never like any of the ones I tried before, so I made up my own recipe. They are so good, you'll want to slap yo mama!!!
Top Review by wilma
I have made this recipe before and usually add grated carrots as well. Since it made so many, which I love, I froze after frying, can these egg rolls be frozen successfully before frying? I felt if this was possible they would be crisper when taken out of the freezer and fried. My husband and I love them!!!!
- 1 lb ground lean pork
- tonys seasoning, to taste
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 3⁄4 cup chopped celery
- 4 finely chopped green onions
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped small baby shrimp
- 1 cup drained and chopped water chestnut
- 1 cup drained and chopped bean sprouts
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 3 -5 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 20 refrigerated egg roll wraps
- oil, for frying
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, put pork and season to taste.
- Cook on medium heat until no longer pink, then drain off grease.
- Remove pork and set aside.
- Using the same skillet, add vegetable oil, cabbage, celery, and onions.
- Cook until cabbage starts to get tender.
- Add reserved pork, shrimp, water chestnuts, bean sprouts, soy sauce, garlic, and sugar.
- Cook for 5 minutes, or until all liquids are cook out.
- REmove from heat.
- Position egg roll wrapper with one corner facing you.
- Scoop about 1/3 cup filling onto bottom 1/3 of wrapper.
- Follow the directions on the package of eggroll wrappers for assembling the eggrolls.
- In an electric skillet heat 1 inch of oil to 375`, or heat 1 inch oil in wok on medium-low heat for 2 minutes.
- Fry eggrolls 1-2 minutes on each side, or until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Let cool slightly before serving.
- Serve with Sweet an Sour sauce.