Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe is a Tex-Mex twist to Salmon cakes.
- 1⁄2 cup red sweet bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup red onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄3 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 16 ounces boneless skinless salmon
- 1 egg
- 1⁄3 cup salsa
- 1 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic clove
- In a bowl combine the red bell pepper, cilantro, onion, mayonnaise. Mix until well blended.
- Then add the pouch of salmon, egg, and ¼ cup of bread crumbs.
- Keep mixing until well blended.
- From the mixture make 8 equally sized balls.
- Roll the balls in the remaining bread crumbs and flatten in to cakes roughly ½” inch thick.
- Sometimes you can substitute flour and instant potato flakes for Bread crumbs on certain recipes but this is not one of those recipes. Flour and potato flakes do not cook well with the salmon.
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add your minced garlic.
- Add the cakes when the butter starts to bubble and pop around the garlic.
- Fry cakes until they are golden brown.
- *For a sauce*
- 1. Mix mayonnaise and salsa together.
- 2. Mix Ranch dressing and Salsa.