Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
Yummy pie in an easy shape. From Life as a Mom blog.
- 1 pie crust
- 6 apples, peeled, cored, and sliced
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Prepare pie crust according to directions and pat it into the bottom of a 9x13 pan.
- In large mixing bowl, combine apple slices, sugar, lemon juice and cinnamon.
- Spread in an even layer over crust.
- In food processor, combine flour, butter, and brown sugar, pulsing until coarse crumbs are formed, or in a large mixing bowl, combine these ingredients, cutting butter into sugar and flour with a pastry blender or two knives held together.
- Stir in nuts.
- Sprinkle crumb top over apple layer.* Bake for 45 minutes to an hour or until filling bubbles.
- Cool completely.
- If preparing ahead of time to freeze. Wrap with foil and label at the *. Then, when ready to serve, bake frozen pie at 425° for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 375° and continue baking as directed.