Prep 25 mins
Cook 55 mins
Make it the day before if you wish then just relax with your guests or family while it reheats or do the whole thing at one time! This is originally a Kraft recipe. I have not made it but I thought that I would share because it sounds so easy and good
- 1 (397 g) package frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 (300 g) packages frozen spinach, chopped, thawed and squeezed as dry as possible
- 1⁄4 cup bacon bits
- 3⁄4 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 3⁄4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup red pepper, Chopped 1/4-inch dice
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Cut the thawed puff pastry in half. Roll one half to an 11" square, the other to a 12" square.
- Line the bottom and side of a 9" greased Springform pan with the 12" puff pastry square
- Reserve 1 tbsp of the beaten eggs.
- Add the ricotta cheese, pepper sauce & spinach to the remaining eggs, mix until blended.
- Layer half of the bacon bits, Cheeses, spinach mixture & red peppers in the pastry lined pan, repeat layers.
- Place remaining puff pastry square on top, tuck in the pastry edges, pinch the edges together
- Brush surface with reserved egg, pierce pastry several times.
- Bake 45-55 minutes or until golden brown Cool 10 minutes before serving, run a knife around the edges
- *If you wish to do this as a make ahead assemble & bake the pie. Cover & refridgerate several hours or overnight. When ready to serve Bake uncovered in 350F oven for 30-40 minutes.
I also got this one from the now only-online Kraft magazine. Made ahead for Christmas morning many years ago, and it was like a gift to myself! SO delicious that all of my picky eaters ate. We had it gone that day. (I love it so much that when it's in my home, I will eat it for every meal til it's gone; my ULTRA-comfort food). **ONE SMALL change: I use broccoli instead of spinach; (because I don't want to deal with grit nor kid complaints and one actually likes broccoli; the other didn't notice!) Food that all of us will eat, and that I personally love, is a very rare thing. This is just exactly that. Yes it's that good!