Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Adapted from a recipe at SkinnyTaste. http://bit.ly/WjnvRc
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon steak seasoning or 1 tablespoon seasoning salt
- 1 carrot, minced
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup minced red bell pepper
- 4 ounces mushrooms, minced
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- Chop all the vegetables really fine, using a chopper or food processor.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the meat to the pan and break it up as it cooks. Season with steak seasoning and cook the meat until it browns, then add onion, garlic, carrots, mushrooms and red peppers to the skillet. Reduce heat to medium and add red wine vinegar and Worcestershire sauce, cook 5 more minutes. Add tomato sauce and paste to pan, stir to combine. Cover and reduce heat to simmer and cook an additional 5 minutes. Using a measuring cup, pile 1/2 cup of sloppy meat onto toasted buns.