Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
I make this often with my overload of garden spaghetti squash, my family loves this with fresh grated Parmesan cheese sprinkled on top, I also like to add in some crushed red chili flakes --- prep time does not include roasting the squash.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil (can use half butter and oil)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 -2 tablespoon fresh minced garlic
- 1 large spaghetti squash, roasted
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt (or to taste) or 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon white salt (or to taste)
- fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
- freshly grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- Using a fork remove all the stringy pulp from the roasted spaghetti squash and place in a bowl.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add in onion and saute for about 5 minutes or until tender.
- Add in garlic and cook stirring for 1 minute.
- Add in the squash pulp, seasoned salt and cook for about 5 minutes stirring, tossing with a spoon while cooking.
- Season with fresh ground black pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
I did not like this. I think it was the olive oil, maybe next time I'll just use butter instead. Thanks for helping me try something new though!
I love how easy this recipe was. I was looking for a recipe for spaghetti squash that was simple, healthy and didn't use some thick sauce and this was perfect and so tasty! I cooked my squash in the microwave with plastic wrap so it was nice and quick. I couldn't stop eating it!! Thanks :)
Quick and easy to prepare. We enjoyed it! Very good!