Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 mins
Inspired by Mr Food
Make and share this Skillet Shepherds Pie recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups cooked chicken, and cubed
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables, thawed and drained
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black peppercorns, ground fine
- 4 cups hot mashed potatoes
- In a large skillet, combine all the ingredients except the potatoes over high heat; mix well.
- Cook for 5 to 8 minutes, or until heated through, stirring frequently.
- Remove from the heat and dollop with the potatoes.
- Serve immediately.
- You can use prepackaged chicken and potatoes.
This recipe didn't have much flavor to us. Onion powder wasn't enough to season the mixture and the frozen veggies didn't compliment the dish very well either.
So good and easy! My husband loves it. It's also nice with ground beef instead of chicken. If I'm using cold mashed potatoes, I'll put it in the oven on broil for a few minutes.