Quick and Easy Shepherds Pie
This is a quick and easy casserole I made up. It's great for people on the go. Everyone I have made it for has enjoyed it.
- Ready In:
- 1 lb lean ground beef, browned and drained
- 1 (18 5/8 ounce) can Campbell's chunky ready to serve vegetable soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can mixed vegetables, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) package instant potato flakes (any flavor)
- butter (according to potato flake directions)
- milk (according to potato flake directions)
- 1 -2 cup cheese, shredded (I like monterey jack and cheddar.)
- Prepare potato flakes according to package directions, using 1-2 packages depending on how thick you want them to be on top of casserole.
- Mix ground beef, vegetable stew, and mixed vegetables in large mixing bowl.
- Layer ground beef/ veggie mixture on bottom of large baking dish.
- Spread layer of potatoes on top of beef mixture making as thick as you would like.
- Top with 1-2 cups cheese according to taste.
- Bake at 350F 15-20 minutes or until cheese on top is melted and casserole is heated through.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I made this one night for me and my boyfriend and we loved it- but I didnt get a chance to reveiw it. it was filling and sooo delicious! We went to Boston this past week and ate at an Irish pub, where he got shepards pie. To my delight- he said that the one I made was way better! Thats when I made a mental note to review this recipe. Thanks for a great dinner and great compliment!Reply
I liked this recipe because it was so easy to prepare with ingredients I had on hand. I used fresh ground beef, roast beef gravy I had in the freezer and some cooked carrots from the fridge. When the potatoes were done I mixed in 1 cup of cheddar and stirred until it melted, then spread it over the meat and carrots, sprinkled with paprika and baked until hot and bubbly. A yummy dinner!Reply
see 1 more